Lead by example in performance of all job functions, including demonstration of safe work habits and adherence to established procedures. Monitor employees in the work area to ensure expectations are being met.
• Troubleshoot problems are they arise and take prompt corrective action or preventative actions to ensure consistent operation of equipment and flow of material within the department.
• Lead daily pre-shift activities including toolbox meetings, stretching exercises, review of safety / quality alerts, and conduct safety meetings as applicable.
• Coordinate employee activities to ensure departmental productivity, quality, scrap, and safety goals are achieved.
• Assist department supervision with incident investigations, employee evaluations, and coordination of activities between shifts and across departments.
• Conduct training with new employees and coach others on proper work methods. Provide opportunities for employee cross-training to maximize flexibility.
• Write work orders for improvements and line break downs.